Edmond M. Connor
Edmond M. Connor is Managing Partner of CONNOR, FLETCHER & HEDENKAMP LLP. For the last 40 years, Mr. Connor’s practice has been focused on complex business and real estate litigation for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individuals. Prior to forming Connor, Fletcher & Hedenkamp, Mr. Connor was a partner with the international law firm of Morrison & Foerster, serving as head of the Litigation Department in that firm’s Orange County office. Mr. Connor and the firm handle all types of business litigation matters, including real estate development, land use and environmental matters, lending and banking, securities, property rights, lien rights, construction defects, professional liability, products liability, trademark infringement, military base closure disputes, wrongful termination, unfair competition, antitrust, civil RICO, fraud, contracts and other business law issues.
Representative matters handled by Mr. Connor in recent years include:
- Prosecution of a land use dispute involving the former Marine Corps Air Station at Tustin, California on behalf of two school districts. After extensive litigation, Mr. Connor’s clients received a settlement of approximately $60 million;
- Prosecution of fraud claims on behalf of subsidiaries of a large California-based utility company over the failed sale of a $1.2 billion liquefied natural gas power plant located in Puerto Rico. Mr. Connor obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in favor of his clients;
- Prosecution of a wrongful termination claim that resulted in a multi-million dollar judgment in favor of Mr. Connor’s client after a three and a half month jury trial;
- Prosecution of professional negligence claims against a prominent New York law firm arising from the Orange County Bankruptcy. Mr. Connor’s client recovered $10 million as part of a settlement negotiated by Mr. Connor; and
- Prosecution of fraud claims on behalf of an Orange County company against a software manufacturer that had misrepresented the capabilities of a software package. Mr. Connor’s clients obtained a $4.6 million jury verdict.
Mr. Connor is a former President of both the Orange County Bar Association and the OCBA Charitable Fund. He also has served as the Chairman of the Board of the Orange County Public Law Center and as a lawyer representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference. In recognition of his commitment to pro bono legal service, Mr. Connor is a past recipient of ABA Pro Bono Publico Award, the California State Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, the OCBA Liberty Bell Award and the Anti-Defamation League’s Marcus Kaufman Jurisprudence Award.
A native of Omaha, Nebraska, Mr. Connor received his law degree from Stanford Law School in 1975, where he was elected as President of the Moot Court Board and received the Lawrence S. Fletcher Award for Outstanding Third Year Student. He received his undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, in 1972 from Georgetown University, where he was a Kaime Scholar and received the Washington Club Award for College Valedictorian.